Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Throwing us for a loop

I should have expected this, right? Just when you think you've got it all figured out...

Right in the middle of days of packing and making sure we've got everything a baby and a 5-year-old could need, Finn decided to wake up at 4 a.m. this morning – for two hours. Kinda like yesterday morning when he woke up at ten to five, all chatty and smiley, with only a forty minute nap until we had to go to school. Where's that schedule I've grown so fond of??? Our whole day gets totally thrown off.

If that wasn't so "bad", when I'm lying there hoping he'll go back to sleep, he likes to turn complete circles while flailing his arms and legs in the dark. He usually ends up at a 90˚ angle to me, perfect for kicks to my head and chest. He's becoming very mobile (compared to not moving at all). Yesterday he went from sitting up perfectly to springing into a crawling position, pushing his feet against the bed and MOVING. Forward. It's like he picked exactly right now to start becoming a real handful. This morning, he actually dove for my chest. Dove with his hands out to grab me. He's never even really shown he was hungry before except by a whine.

This should be fun!

Also, I've scheduled a few posts in our absence. Mostly because this little man will be five months old on Saturday and I didn't want to miss it or have it get lost in all our Disneyland stuff when we get back. Au revoir!

No comments: