Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spring ahead


When the snow started melting last week, we were all so happy. The roads were almost dry and the puddle that took up almost the entire road on the other side of the street subsided to less than half. And then it all started again. We were baking cookies after supper. I don't know why I didn't get you to help before because you are so good at it. You poured in the raisins, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and then tried to stir it. It was pretty thick so I used my strong arms from toting you around these past 19 months. Anyway, you hopped in the tub and I put them in the oven and went downstair to go on the computer. In the eleven minutes for it took for the timer to go off, everything had been covered in fluffy white snow. Not that it revived our snowman was then a foot high pointy lump in the backyard... While it was hard to get around the following couple days, it has started to melt again. The temps are to be above zero for the next week so this may finally be the end of the snow. Spring is just a few days away now and we're looking forward to getting outside. Hopefully by next winter, you'll forget that you really liked eating cup after cup of low/no calorie snow! (I like how you squat so that your bum just hovers over the floor.)

One a side note, yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. I wanted to do a festive photo of you to celebrate, but work has been so busy that I haven't had time to think about it. (Yes, I do a lot of my leisure time thinking at work, but that's okay because it's all inspiration and research for helping my do my job better. Without you, my Photoshop skills would be dismal and the SGI annual report cover would be awfully boring - again - like every year I do it.) Easter is only a couple weeks away so I better get working on that...

No comments: