Monday, August 30, 2010

Lily's first day of kindergarten


Today's the day. The day you've been waiting for. Last night before you went to sleep, you said, "I'm just a little girl, but when I wake up I'll be a big girl. A school girl."

The four of us walked over to the school at about quarter to nine, though we could have left at three minutes to nine. You were impressed by just how many kids were there. And because most of their parents were there, too, it was down right buzzing with activity.

When the first bell rang, Mme Thorson met us all at the kindergarten door. She talked about your lockers and indoor vs. outdoor shoes. (We'd seen your locker when we came to play at the playground the other night, so you new exactly where your locker was.)

When everything was in it's place, we had to wait a few minutes while the teacher delivered a little lost boy to the gym.

And then a bit more waiting after you found your nametag and did a puzzle.

You couldn't wait for all the parents to leave, which we did first. I'm sure you're in the full swing of things now.


It looks like a fun place. I think I'll go and look out the window to see if recess has started yet... Maybe I'll see my new big girl out there.

No comments: