Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Holidays and beyond


Well, we're home. I think you were ready to come home, too. You came to be more clingy to mama, ate and slept less as the days went on. It sure is fun to go away and it's really wonderful to come home and sleep in our gigantor bed. I don't know if it was because we were in a strange place and you were uncomfortable, but you slept awfully for the three nights we were gone. Then last night you slept for almost twelve hours (not straight, mind you but from 7pm to 6:45am). Then you napped for an hour with Dad this morning after I went to work.


Christmas is over until next year. We just have a few chocolates left but enough toys to last you until you're two - maybe three! We packed up the entire van with your table/chair set from Grandma and Grandpa, your T-M-Elmo vibrating chair, your puzzles, books and squeaking shoes. Needless to say you are a very lucky and loved girl. And cute! (I just had to throw that in there.)

Kindersley was good, the weather was nice so we walked on xmas day. And with so many people and cats around as an audience, your mouth motored on and on. Great practice. Now your new thing is saying nu, nu, nu (no, no, no) while shaking your head. It's really quite endearing if not surprising that you are saying no to us, but any addition to your vocabulary is welcome. It's kind of odd - you didn't dance the whole time we were at Grandma and Grandpa's but as soon as we got home you were bustin' a move all over the rumpus room. You even incorporated such awesome new dance moves that there were tears rolling down my cheeks and I laughed at what I think was the cutest thing I'd ever seen. (Picture the bended knee groove combined with your arm as an elephant trunk.) It was that good.


I'm at work now and for the next couple days, then off for a three-day weekend over New Year's followed by a three-day week and another three-day weekend! If only my schedule was always like that, huh? So you are home with your dad right now and he's not answering the phone so I'm assuming you guys are sleeping. Wish I was there, but will be home soon.

No comments: