Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Trick or Treat

Ummmm, definitely treats! We can't say your candy-deprived. Tonight was your first trick-or-treating experience. Dad took you out for about 25 minutes after our traditional Halloween perogy supper. Traditional because that's what I had every October 31 as a kid...and rekindled as an adult with your dad. Nana said it was to fill us up so we couldn't eat too much chocolate, but I don't know if it worked. Anyway, you apparently weren't too sure about going from house to house, but didn't complain in the somewhat bitter cold. When you, our little ladybug, got home with a tiny basket overflowing with treats, you were so excited that they were all for you. You immediately started going through it until you came to a full-size box of Smarties that you insisted I open. I had no idea what you would think of these hard little candied chocolates. They spilled on the floor and you bent over and picked one up, popped it in your mouth, then another and another and another until there were four in your mouth. Then the chocolatey green/blue drool started pouring out as you hobbled toward me to grab the box for more. All I can say is that you were very happy, so that lessens my guilt about feeding you all that junk. And the fact that I don't think chocolate has killed anyone... But it may be responsible for giving you a sugar rush and making it hard to stay sleeping tonight. Oh well. Lesson learned. Feed the baby chocolate, as long as it's before mid-afternoon snack...

No comments: