Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rationale

While eating lunch (you: a bowl of chili, a bowl of Kraft Dinner and a bowl of herbed goat cheese; me: a brown and wild rice Mediterranean salad with artichokes, tomatoes, fresh figs and goat cheese), I tell Nana and Dad that I wouldn't let you play computer games this morning until you tried on the headbands I made you and look in the mirror.

Dad asks, "Why don't you just do what Mom says," all ready exasperated that you must have been hanging from the curtains in the living room while Nana was making chili because the middle bracket was torn from the wall.

"Well," you begin, "I just don't like Mom's ideas. So I don't do them." Simple as that.

***

On a very bright note, as of 2:23 p.m. today (when I left work), I am now on holidays for 21 glorious days. We've got lots of plans and tickets - starting with a pancake breakfast in the morning. And somebody has a birthday coming up...

No comments: