Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mama?

I have always wanted a baby who would like me the best. By a long shot. Way more than everyone else. It happened and it's pretty terrific. And tiring because child, you really like me. When your dad chases you, you scream "Mama, Mama!" and run towards me and latch onto my leg for dear life. When I take more than three steps away from you, you call my name in a panicky voice. You call for me when I'm in the shower, when I go to the bathroom, when I'm trying to sneak out the door to go to work. When you see a mommy kitty (or a female pair of hands or a face in a magazine), you point at it, then lovingly say "Mama," and pat me gently on the chest. When I was carrying you back to the van from the far end of the mall yesterday, I gave you a squeeze and told you how sweet you were so you leaned in and kissed me on the lips.


I am so lucky to be your mama.

No comments: