Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!


Today is my first Mother's Day. For the last week I've been pestering Lily to say ma ma ma - but she only wants to spit out ga goo bob boob ba ba ba. Lily's nana came over and we had a good supper tonight of steak, garlic baby potatoes, corn on the cob and strawberry mango pie with a nice Shiraz. Lily liked chewing on the corn on the cob, really the only thing that kept her from whining. This afternoon's nap apparently wasn't long enough... She's asleep now and has been for the past three hours. Sleep has been a challenge, as has eating. We're trying to cut out the nighttime feedings so she eats more during the day and even after only two days, it's making a big difference. Today we made some barley and celery cooked in chicken broth, then mixed it with a couple 'cubes' of carrots I had previously made. And she liked it. Not enough to eat a lot of it, but she had just finished a snack of mangoes. I'm so proud when she eats good. She's such my sucky; I love being her mama so much.

No comments: