Monday, April 30, 2012

That's my dad.


My dad died ten years ago, the day before my parents' 26th wedding anniversary. It's still so sad. Especially looking at pictures of him. It's hard not to think of how things would be different if he were still here. Chris always says we would for sure have baseboards in our house by now. And oh, how he'd love to play with Finn and Lily. Always liked playing, whether it was playing catch, playing in the sandbox with our younger cousins, playing with the kids I babysat, or playing hockey with the boys who lived next door years after I moved out. Anyway, I miss him. Always will.






1 comment:

Jean said...

You had a great Dad and he was a great brother-in-law with a terrific sense of humour. 10 years you are right it is hard to believe it has been that long, I lost my sister the day before and a good friend the day before that. I would love to have them all back again.