Friday, September 18, 2009

Weasels

Nana gave us a call as we were driving home for lunch, saying she couldn't get you to leave the park outside of the Science Centre. I said fine, we'll see you at home. But because we were pretty close, we decided to stop there and perhaps light a little fire under your butt.

When we arrived, Nana was standing there waiting for you to put your sandals back on. (Not that they should have been off...) I had Dad stop the van in the middle of the parking lot, I jumped out and ran towards you yelling, "There's a cute little girl I'm going to steal!" And you were so excited when I scooped you up and ran you to the van. We quickly buckled up and were off to beat Nana home. Worked like a charm.

On the way home, you wanted to tell us everything you did and saw. At first, you said there were real animals there. When I asked what, you said bunnies and that you got to hold one. I asked where it was because I'm pretty sure the Science Centre doesn't have bunnies, let alone ones they let people hold. You said it was outside and that it was green. Then you said it was green because it was on the grass...you know, like it would be black if it was on dirt. Apparently you'd mixed up a chameleon and the fact that bunnies are white in the winter like snow and brown like dirt in the summer - and lied about it. (We'll set you straight - tomorrow.)

Then you were telling me about the other animals. Dad asked if they were the ferrets because he frequents the Science Centre with you all the time and has a pretty good idea of what you're talking about. When you confirmed, Dad said they were kinda like weasels. Oh, you say. Like the ones on the bus song.

Huh?

You know, the weasels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round...

1 comment:

Family Matters said...

Oh my, from this moment on I will think of Lily every time I sing the "Wheels on the Bus" song. What a great story.